Saturday, May 23, 2009

Charlie Brooker on the car crash that is Gordon Brown's premiereship

Guardian Article here...

This is different. This is national. We're all witnesses to The Incident. And I don't know about you, but I'm finding the tension unbearable. I can't wait for the general election - not because I want to see Prime Minister Wormface Cameron smugging his way into Downing Street, because I don't - but just because I don't think I can bear this mishap-strewn landscape a moment longer. It's like being trapped in a hot room filled with an overpowering fart smell, waiting for someone outside to come along and open the window.

I like Charlie Brooker because he worked with my boy Chris Morris on Brass Eye. i also have a fascination wif British politics, being able to ogle it as closely as i like but have no responsibility for the outcome or having to participate. Gordon Brown, he's somethin' - i do feel like he's working, but, not really sure 100% of the time what he's doing or why he's doing what he's doing. ...Still, would be my pleasure to meet you, Gordon B...


2 comments:

  1. Excellent observations here. I'm one of those affected by Gordon (so easily distinguished from Golden) Brown, because I live in England. But I disagree with Charlie Brooker on David Cameron - who remains our only hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, "our only hope" - ended up the most disastrous bringer of unnecessary misfortune ( his 2 referendums) until the pandemic came along

    ReplyDelete